As the son of Dr. Mike LeBlanc, Sr, who subscribed to a similar approach in his own practice, Dr. LeBlanc, Jr. has been familiar with health-oriented dentistry from a young age. Minimally-invasive and mercury-safe dentistry were common dinner table topics in the LeBlanc household. In the late 1990’s, Dr. LeBlanc, Jr. began to learn of the advancements being made by his uncle, Dr. Bruce LeBlanc, who discovered the state-of-the-art bonding protocol known as Maximized Adhesive Dentistry (#MADprotocol). The protocol allows for an extremely conservative and biocompatible approach that only strengthens teeth, never taking away structure that might weaken them. Dr. LeBlanc, Jr. is now a continuing education co-presenter and teacher of the protocol, alongside his uncle, Dr. Mike Robichaux, and Dr. Johnny Barksdale.
While studying at the LSU School of Dentistry, Dr. LeBlanc, Jr. founded and wrote the charter for a student organization known as the Wirth Group, in honor of Dr. F. Harold Wirth. Dr. Wirth was an influential mentor, who, among other things, taught at the LSU School of Dentistry in the 1970’s. He noticed the changing environment of the dental profession at the time and urged all of his students to prioritize patient-centered health care at all costs. The ability to maintain this type of care depends heavily upon maintaining autonomy as a healthcare provider, ensuring the ability to always do what is best for the patient. In the tradition of Dr. Wirth, Dr. LeBlanc, Jr. does all he can to help patients achieve levels of wellness consistent with their own health goals.
- Board member of the curriculum committee of The Louisiana Academy of Continuing Dental Education (independent branch of LSUSD Continuing Education dept.)
- Presenter and continuing educator of Maximized Adhesive Dentistry (MAD) protocol
- Recipient of the Southeast Academy of Prosthodontics Award for Excellence in Prosthodontics
- Recipient of the Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry award for the Science and Advancement of Restorative Dentistry
- Member of International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Member of Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of Louisiana Dental Association
- Member of New Orleans Dental Association
- Member of the Lake Pontchartrain Study Club
- Member of Holistic Dental Association
- Member of International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine
- Certified to perform SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) as established by IAOMT